« Notes from Wendy Lougee's Remarks | Main | Google's Culture of Innovation »

Can Video Games Improve Vision?

I came across an interesting article appearing in the latest issue of Psychological Science on my flight back to Columbus that details a research study done at the University of Rochester.

Researchers there report that playing action video games, specifically first-person, an hour daily sharpens visual acuity. Slower, puzzle-style games, such as Tetris, showed no effect. Although video games don't have any effect on the size, shape, and thickness of the eye, all which influence "normal" vision, researchers feel that video games can substantially increase spatial resolution of their vision - the ability to see small, closely packed letters on eye charts. Video games may also be useful for patients suffering from amblyopia, or "lazy eye."

On the flip side, staring at a bright screen for long times can strain the eyes and disrupt one's biological clock.

Video games not only improve vision but they can also improve all cordination. My son plays Battlefield 2142 and BF2 which are modern day war games. He uses many hacks and cheats for the game and has become better over time. His coordination is much better now then when he first started playing so I think it helps.

BF2142 Hacks, Battlefield 2142 Hacks

Salut! Je suis super heureuse d'avoir trouve par le plus grand des hasards votre page web bien sympa!

It's the star connected with choice involving the jewelry of women, the perfect blend of visual appeal and practicality, and also innovation and tradition, which carries grow to be any kind of symbol connected with quality up to now half any kind of century.chanel purses