About the Collections
Print resources for the fine arts, art history, performing arts, architecture and landscape architecture are available in Wilson Library on the West Bank, and in the Architecture and Landscape Architecture Library in Rapson Hall on the East Bank. Electronic research materials are searchable from the University Libraries website at www.library.umn.edu and http://arch.lib.umn.edu/.
The research collections are rich, diverse, and competitive with our peer institutions.
Art & Art History
- 150,000+ volumes; 200+ Journals; DVDs/videos
- Exhibition Catalogs--substantial collection, including rare
- Collection focuses on: 19th century, American, Islamic, Western European, contemporary, and time-based and performance art
Architecture & Landscape Architecture
- 42,000+ volumes; 165 Journals; DVDs/videos
- Graduate theses from the Architecture program
- Capstone projects from the Landscape Architecture program
- Furniture collection of designer chairs
- Collection focuses on: sustainable architecture, contemporary architecture, building technology, urban planning, landscape ecology, and world heritage preservation
- 55,000+ volumes; Journals; 500+ DVDs and 250+ productions online in streaming video
- Collection focuses on: post-World War II English and American drama, playscripts, biographies, autobiographies, acting and production theory, community performance and social change
- Acquisitions primarily support the curricula of the Department of Theatre Arts and Dance, the Department of Cultural Studies and Comparative Literature, and the Department of English.