As[I]Am: Perspectives on Asian American Art and Transformation

AAPT Monthly Discussion Series

What: As[I]Am: Perspectives on Asian American Art and Transformation
Who: Bryan Thao Worra
When: Friday, March 25 ยท 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Where: University of Minnesota - Coffman Memorial Union, 323

Bryan Thao Worra is one of the most widely published Lao American writers in the world who uses art to change and transform communities. The award-winning author of five books and numerous short stories, his work appears internationally including Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Iran and Europe in over 100 publications. He has organized national exhibits and performances about the Southeast Asian refugee journey. He will discuss the challenges and opportunities for modern artists and audiences to shape their communities even as students and the intersections between technology, democracy and intellectual thought.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194235720609755

Co-sponsored by The Office of Vice Provost and Vice President for Equity and Diversity, and the Asian American Students for Advancement and Progress (AASAP)