« Donald Driver on the Run | Main | sharper Speaks Out »

walker Skips Mini-Camp

Wouldn't you know it, Packer's wide out javon walker has decided to hold out for a new contract. walker has stated that he is willing to sit out the entire season if he is not offered a new contract. This would undoubtedly be a serious blow to the Packer's offensive unit, as walker provided a career-high twelve touchdowns last season. This audacious move comes as no surprise, as walker recently retained the services of the notoriously confrontational agent, Drew Rosenhaus...

Rosenhaus represents several other egotistical players including Terrel Owens (currently holding out), Anquan Boldin (currently holding out), and Mike McKenzie (held out last season). The news of walker's hold out could not have come at a worse time for the Packers, who are currently working with very little room under the salary cap. While the Packers did draft wide reciever Terrence Murphy out of Texas A & M in the second round this year, walker's veteran experience will be extremely difficult to replace. Despite the fact that walker's presence will be missed, I certainly hope the Packer's management does not cave in to his selfish demands. Considering the fact that walker's current contract earns him at least 1.1 million dollars over the next two seasons, it doesn't seem necessary for him to request money that would ultimately come from his "teammates" salaries. Why doesn't walker play out his contract with continued success, and then demand a lucrative contract based on his consistent performance? Is he afraid that he will only have one good season as a wide out? No matter what benefits walker may recieve through his actions, the entire NFL now knows that he does not honor contractual agreements, and is a risk to abandon his team at any time. Veteran quarterback Brett Favre voiced his opinions on the matter, "If javon wants to know what his quarterback thinks, and I would think he might, I'd tell him he's going about this the wrong way... some guys handle (success) the right way, and some don't... We can win without him." True team players like Favre (who has never held out despite being the only NFL player to win three MVP awards) are few and far between in the NFL today. It seems as though greed, envy, and individual aspirations have become the predominant values for many NFL players, and the game is suffering as a result. Does walker even appreciate the fact that the Packers thought enough of him to draft him in the first round in 2002? In any event, his actions do not coincide with the standards and practices of the Green Bay Packers organization (as demonstrated by the trade of Mike McKenzie last year), and should not be tolerated by Packers management.

Posted by abai0001 at May 4, 2005 7:24 PM | off-season

Many thanks for the auspicious blogpost. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate? Please send a email to Mcquain9012@cornell.edu! Many thanks, Erika Caravalho

Posted by: Erika Caravalho at July 7, 2011 5:11 PM

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever... Angelica Bloebaum

Posted by: Angelica Bloebaum at July 18, 2011 11:33 AM