'07 Secondary Evaluation | Main

My Hopes for the '08 Off-Season

I'm just now recovering from the pure devastation resulting from the Pack's loss in the NFC Championship. I will not be watching the Super Bowl, I don't care who wins, and I've now added the Giants to my short list of hated NFL franchises (joining the ranks of the Vikings, Cowboys, and sometimes Bears). However, I still love the Pack and football in general, and do have some opinions I'd like to present on what should happen this off-season. Continue reading if you give a shit.

Following an extremely impressive '07 season that exceeded even my own inflated predictions of Packers' success, I have a new-found confidence in General Manager Ted Thompson. I was VERY critical of TT's decision to pass on the Randy Moss deal last season, and questioned several of his draft picks early on. Additionally, I was slightly annoyed by his stubborn refusal to bring in any free agent of importance last year. All of these decisions, after witnessing nearly every minute of this past season (I missed week one to go golfing at Whistling Straits, I know, I know), turned out to work in our favor. Although Randy Moss had a ridiculous year, I don't think our team could have been much better had he been on the roster.

Posted by abai0001 at January 29, 2008 4:14 PM

How do you feel about brett 'faver' retiring? Also, if Moss was there Brett wouldn't have had to of forced all of those interceptions against the Giants.

Posted by: pat at April 4, 2008 12:20 AM

Any Packer fans in or around New York City?

Come see BRett Favre's off-off-Broadway debut (well, sort of)

http://www.iloveyoupettyandfavre.com

Posted by: Rick at April 21, 2008 8:37 AM