Don't Delay, resign

About time one of these infamous republicans running the country got what he deserves. I've been keeping track of politics (it's almost a hobby of mine now) since summer '05, and this world-class hypocrite certainly tops the list of the most hateful people I've run into in the realm of politics (honorable mention: Bush, Cheney, Falwell, Robertson, Harris, Bachmann and probably a bunch of other Grand Old Partiers I can't remember at the moment).

So in case you'll miss Tom's gifted speech appearing every now and then in the media, here are some of my favorite Delay quotes that speak for themselves:

- I am the federal government (after being told to put out his cigar because of federal laws banning smoking in buildings).

- Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into daycare, the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers who take birth control pills.

- A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide structure. To provide stability.

- Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25 an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately, such families do not exist.

- It's never been proven that air toxins are hazardous to people.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

at April 5, 2006 12:55 AM