Wet...and Drink-less

Such a rainy day...today when I was walking to work after lunch it started to rain like crazy and by the time I arrived to my building I was completely soaked. That just totally got me ready for the 4-hour long &#$@$ distillation I had to carry this afternoon... ...and it was the same rain that blew into a huge storm that kept me from going to Drink tonight. That's right, we missed it for the first time in a month. Sadness.

Thinking back to a couple of things, I realized I can have a mean cavalier attitude every now and then. Even if I tried, there's nothing I can do about it when it comes to certain things. But everything's for a reason right?

Anyways, the week ahead looks to be relatively uneventful. Hopefully something unexpected will happen to keep things interesting. We'll see.

Posted by at 9:40 PM

Fun times

The weekend's off to a great start. Yesterday we checked out Sargeant's and Sally's, and ended up having more beer than I could've asked for (since both places had decent happy hour deals). Woke up the next morning not so refreshed...

...And a couple of hours later me, Ai Li, Artemis and Jon Einar went to the Pride Festival at Loring Park. It's the second time I've been to the festival, and I think I liked this year's better than last's. It was packed with a ton of people, there were lots of crazy booths and the weather was nice. We also run into a bunch of Mac people and friends from around. We ended up staying for several hours.

1a37.jpg

Macalester also had a booth this year. We checked it out and took some pictures. This one might actually make it on The Today. Seriously!

6c5a.JPG

Here's the last picture we took, right before we left. Still don't know what's happening tonight, so we might just chill like the good old times.

Tomorrow I'll go to the pride parade for a bit, before going back to the festival and taking care of the Mac booth for a couple of hours. Then there's the block party, which I might end up going, and after that the second Smash marathon is waiting for me later on in the evening. Hopefully we won't stay up until so late like last time, because there's work the day after!

Posted by at 6:38 PM

Yeah...

So today I came back from work at around 7:30...it was a very long day, to say the least, but I did get a bunch of things accomplished. It's the third week of work and I've gotten a good progress, but I feel like I need to do more stuff since a group report on what I'm doing is coming up in the not so distant future...

Last weekend was a lot of fun, by the way. Spent it all chilling and going out, this time we checked out Sally's on Friday and Loring Pasta Bar on Saturday, and they were alright. Then on Sunday I brought a friend from work and we went on a 5 hour (!) videogame marathon until 2:30 AM. Hell yeah!

Yesterday as usual we went to Drink the bar. I think I've gone there every Monday since graduation - who can really say no to $1 Newcastles and Coronas? Summer is good.

Posted by at 9:28 PM

It's been a week

So now I've been living in Minneapolis for a week, and I gotta say I like it a bunch!

Organic research has gone pretty well too. On Friday I managed to finish my first reaction, and I'm pretty sure it worked. The only bad thing is that somehow I spilled some chemical on my fingers and they're a bit stained at the moment - but nothing to worry, it doesn't hurt at all or look like they're gonna fall apart or something.

We also threw our housewarming party on friday, and it was alright. It was pretty much all Mac people, and we were drinking and hanging out as usual. The next day I felt like a complete bum - I woke up late, and did nothing but play videogames, watch tv and eat. Today I guess I'll do the same...with the exception of a possible incursion to the gym.

Oh yeah, don't forget to leave comments to any of my blogs!

Posted by at 1:20 PM

It's a first!

So I decided to give blogging a shot. I'll keep you guys updated on what's happening here on the TC, but don't get mad if I don't keep up often! Summer is really busy and there's a lot of work ahead...and the first 'official' week isn't even over yet!

n71_47.jpg

Here's me, Rehan and Matija @ Grand Old Days (hope you can recognize me, I was pretty gone by the time this was taken). It was good times, we spent the day beer garden hopping and saw a bunch of Mac people too.

Posted by at 11:40 PM