About time one of these infamous republicans running the country got what he deserves. I've been keeping track of politics (it's almost a hobby of mine now) since summer '05, and this world-class hypocrite certainly tops the list of the most hateful people I've run into in the realm of politics (honorable mention: Bush, Cheney, Falwell, Robertson, Harris, Bachmann and probably a bunch of other Grand Old Partiers I can't remember at the moment).
So in case you'll miss Tom's gifted speech appearing every now and then in the media, here are some of my favorite Delay quotes that speak for themselves:
- I am the federal government (after being told to put out his cigar because of federal laws banning smoking in buildings).
- Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into daycare, the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers who take birth control pills.
- A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide structure. To provide stability.
- Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25 an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately, such families do not exist.
- It's never been proven that air toxins are hazardous to people.
Yeah, that's what I thought.
No, seriously...this made me crack up so hard and reminded me of the days when I used to be catholic :)
They should really ban babies in airplanes! I had not one, but two $#%&"#$ babies who wouldn't stop crying during my 10+ hour flight from Dallas to Brasil. If this happens again on my flight two weeks from today they'd better watch out for them - seriously!
No surprises here :)
|You are an Atheist|
You prefer to think about what's known and proven.
You don't need religion to solve life's problems.
Instead, you tend to work things out with logic and philosophy.
So now I've been living in Minneapolis for a week, and I gotta say I like it a bunch!
Organic research has gone pretty well too. On Friday I managed to finish my first reaction, and I'm pretty sure it worked. The only bad thing is that somehow I spilled some chemical on my fingers and they're a bit stained at the moment - but nothing to worry, it doesn't hurt at all or look like they're gonna fall apart or something.
We also threw our housewarming party on friday, and it was alright. It was pretty much all Mac people, and we were drinking and hanging out as usual. The next day I felt like a complete bum - I woke up late, and did nothing but play videogames, watch tv and eat. Today I guess I'll do the same...with the exception of a possible incursion to the gym.
Oh yeah, don't forget to leave comments to any of my blogs!
So I decided to give blogging a shot. I'll keep you guys updated on what's happening here on the TC, but don't get mad if I don't keep up often! Summer is really busy and there's a lot of work ahead...and the first 'official' week isn't even over yet!
Here's me, Rehan and Matija @ Grand Old Days (hope you can recognize me, I was pretty gone by the time this was taken). It was good times, we spent the day beer garden hopping and saw a bunch of Mac people too.