By Octavio Abea
A fire at a hotel in downtown Rochester caused an evacuation of the building and $100,000 in damage Saturday, according to Assistant Fire Chief Paul Belau.
Firefighters responded to a call around 6:15 a.m. and reached the Days Inn to find a fire that had started from a spark from a fryer in the restaurant that had overheated, CBS News reports.
Belau told Kare 11 that an initial fire extinguisher failed, but they were able to eventually put out the fire.
Guests were allowed back to their rooms around 8 a.m. after firefighters checked the building for combustible materials, CBS News reports.
No one was injured during the fire, but an 86-year-old man had to be treated for shortness of breath, Kare 11 reports.