The Academic Advising Network Board is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to fill several vacancies.
The AAN Board is responsible for organizing professional development opportunities for academic advisers including the annual Tate Advising Conference, and for providing opportunities to discuss advising issues. In addition, AAN Board members commit approximately 2-4 hours a month to attend board meetings. (Dates and times for meetings will be based on member schedules.) This is a two-year appointment to begin in August.
How to Apply
AAN by-laws require those interested in serving as board members to submit an application statement. Please address the following in a one-page statement:
- Your current position and professional background
- Why you wish to be on the AAN Board
- Ideas and goals you have for AAN
- Specific areas of interest for your involvement on the board (e.g. event planning, social networking, professional development, etc)
Send your application statement to Sarah Corrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Friday, April 27. Please include "AAN Board Application" in the subject line of your message.
* Please note that the board seeks representation from every college if possible. Because AAN Board membership must represent at least five colleges or units across the University, final selection from the candidate pool will be determined in part by college/unit representation. Advisers who have served in the past are welcome and encouraged to apply.