Winter Proposals & Papers
It's the New Year and with it comes a whole new batch of proposal and paper opportunities!
- Call for Proposals: Special Issue of Mobilization (Deadline: January 11, 2013)
Mobilization, the leading scholarly journal in social movement studies plans a special issue on innovative research in contentious politics to be published in December 2013.
- Call for Proposals: A Journal of Imagining America (Deadline: January 15 - February 15, 2013)
The theme of this new journal is "Linked Fates & Futures: Communities and Campuses as Equitable Partners". We invite proposals that reflect critically on the shared predicaments of democratically-oriented cultural work in higher education.
- Call for Manuscripts - Journal of Public Scholarship in Higher Education (Deadline: February 1, 2013)
The Journal of Public Scholarship in Higher Education showcases the new disciplinary knowledge and pedagogical practice generated when faculty engage with communities.
- Call for Abstracts: National Environmental Justice Conference & Training Program (Deadline: February 1, 2013)
Leaders from various sectors will engaged in 3 days of free exchange of new ideas and new approaches to environmental justice.
- Community College National Center for Community Engagement Annual Conference (Deadline: February 8, 2013)
The Community College National Center for Community Engagement is happy to announce it's now accepting pre-conference and workshop proposals for its 22nd Annual International Conference to be held on May 22-24, 2013
- 2013 Upper Midwest Civic Engagement Summit: Call for Session Proposals (Deadline: February 11, 2013)
Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin Campus Compact invite proposals for the Upper Midwest Civic Engagement Summit, which will take place May 29-30, 2013 at Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa. Each session proposal should relate to the Summit's theme: Weaving Deep Connections Across Institutions and Communities.
- Call for Papers: Teaching Democratic Thinking (Deadline: February 15, 2013)
Proposal abstracts are sought for a special 2014 issue of Partnerships: A Journal of Service-learning and vic Engagement.
- Call for Manuscript Proposals: Special Issue of Feminist Teacher on Feminist Campus-Community Partnerships (Deadline: February 15, 2013)
We seek contributions that provide project-specific attempts to connect with--or interrupt--community engagement work as a way to generate meaning in the lives of students, faculty, administrators and community partners.
- RIEJS Call for Papers: Education for Citizenship: Challenges and Perspectives from a Social Justice Approach (Deadline: February 15, 2013)
The International Journal of Education for Social Justice (RIEJS) publishes three types of contributions: articles, text reviews, and published-contribution reviews.
- Imagine America Call for Proposals: Communities & Campuses as Equitable Partners (Deadline: February 15, 2013)
Imagine America invites submissions to the first issue of Public rooted in the 2012 Imagining America conference. The e-journal of Imagining America: Artists and Scholars in Public Life, Public promotes public and engaged forms of scholarship and practice across arts, humanities, and design.