Ex-Convict Guns Down Trick-or-Treater
An ex-convict gunned down a 12-year-old boy who approached his home trick-or-treating in Sumter, S.C., â€œspraying nearly 30 rounds with an assault rifle from inside his home,â€? police said Saturday according to the Associated Press.
Quentin Patrick, 22, was charged with â€œmurder, and three counts of assault and battery with intent to kill,â€? according to the New York Times.
The family had attended a city-sponsored event earlier that Friday evening, and around 8:30 p.m. decided to stop at a few houses on their way home, according to the New York Times.
Patrick unloaded his AK-47, â€œshooting at least 29 times through his front door, walls and windows after hearing the knock,â€? Police Chief Patty Patterson told the Associated Press.
A 19-year-old woman who had been in the home, Ericka Patrice Pee, was charged with obstruction of justice. She was caught fleeing the scene with $7,500 in cash, according to the Associated Press.