1. Van Orden, K. A., Witte, T. K., Gordon, K. H., Bender, T. W., & Joiner, T. E. (2008, Feb). Suicidal desire and the capability for suicide:Tests of the interpersonal-psychological theory of suicidal behavior among adults. Journal Of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 76(1), 72-83.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Retrieved April 18, 2012, from http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pub/youth_suicide.html
3. Office of the Surgeon General. (n.d.). Retrieved April 18, 2012, from http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/news/testimony/t06152005.html
4. American Foundation on Suicide Prevention. (n.d.). Retrieved April 18, 2012, from
5. Glanz, K., Rimer, B. K., & Viswanath, K. (n.d.). Health Behavior and Health Education.Theory,Research and Practice (forth ed.). Jossey Bass.
6. American Psychological Association. (n.d.). Retrieved April 18, 2012, from http://www.apa.org/science/about/psa/2009/06/sci-brief.aspx
7. Portes, P. R., Sandhu, D. S., & Longwell-Grice, R. (2002). Understanding Adolescent Suicide:A Psychological Interpretation of Developmental and Contextual Factors. Adolescence, 37.
8. Swiatek, M. (1995). An Empirical Investigation of the Social Coping Strategies Used by Gifted Adolescents. Gifted Child Quarterly, 39, 154-160.
9. Allen, J., Mohatt, G., Fok, C. C., & Henry, D. (2009). Suicide Prevention as a community developmental process:understanding circumpolar youth youth suicide prevention through community level outcomes. International Journal of Circumpolar Health , 68 (3), 274-291
10. Kral, M. J., Wiebe, P. K., Nisbet, K., Dallas, C., Okalik, L., Enuaraq, N., et al. (2009). Canadian Inuit community engagement in suicide prevention. International Journal of Circumpolar Health , 68 (3), 292-308.
11.(n.d.). Retrieved April 18, 2012, from Maniilaq Association: www.maniilaq.org
12. (2005, September). Retrieved from Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development: http://www.labor.state.ak.us/trends/sep05.pdf
13.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Retrieved April 18 , 2012, from Promoting Individual, Family and Community Connectedness to Prevent Suicidal Behavior: http://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/pdf/Suicide_Strategic_Direction_Full_Version-a.pdf
14.Guide to Community Preventive Services. (n.d.). Retrieved April 18, 2012, from What works to promote health: http://www.thecommunityguide.org/healthcommunication/supportingmaterials/index.html
15. Longest, J. B., & Darr, K. (2008). Managing Health Services Organizations and Systems. Baltimore: Health Professions Press.
16.Northwest Arctic Borough. (n.d.). Retrieved April 16, 2012, from http://www.nwabor.org
17. Project Life. (n.d.). Retrieved April 15, 2012, from www.projectlifealaska.org
18.Shaughnessy, L., Doshi, S. R., & Jones, S. E. (2004). Attempted Suicide and Associated Health Risk Behaviors among Native American High School Students. Journal of School Health , 75 (5), 177-182.
19. Suicide Prevention Resource Center. (n.d.). Retrieved April 17, 2012, from http://www.sprc.org/library/ai.an.facts.pdf
20. Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS). (n.d.). Retrieved April 13, 2012, from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.: http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/
21. Wexler, L. M. (2006). Inupiat youth suicide and culture loss: Changing community conversations for prevention. Social Science Medicine , 63 (11), 2938-2948.
22. Wexler, L., & Goodwin, B. (2006). YOUTH AND ADULT COMMUNITY MEMBER BELIEFS ABOUT INUPIAT YOUTH SUICIDE AND IT'S PREVENTION. International Journal of Circumpolar Health , 65 (5), 448-458.
23. Center for Suicide Prevention. (2010, June). Retrieved November 7, 2011, from http://suicideinfo.ca/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Jz_OfDJ9HUc%3D&tabid=538
24.Klimes-Dougan, B., Yuan, C., Lee, S., & Houri, A. K. (2009). Suicide prevention with adolescents: Considering potential benefits and untoward effects of public service announcements. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention , 30 (3), 128-135.
25.Lester, D. (1995). ESTIMATING THE TRUE ECONOMIC COST OF SUICIDE. Ammons Scientific , 80 (3), 746.
26.World Health Organization (2011) "World Health Organization" Suicide
http://www.who.int?topics/suicide/en/ Accessed 4/14/12
27. Robertson, L. Injury Epidemiology.Research and Control Strategies (third edition) Oxford
28. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (1998)."Suicide Prevention Evaluation in a Western Athabaskan American Indian Tribe--New Mexico, 1988-1997." MMWR, 257-261.
29. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (1992). Youth Suicide Prevention Programs: A Resource Guide. Atlanta: Department of Health & Human Services.
30. Marcotte, D. E. (2003). The Economics of Suicide Revisited. Southern Economic Journal , 69 (3), 628-643.
31. McKenzie, J. F., Neiger, B. L., & Thackeray, R. (2009). Planning, Implementing and Evaluating Health Promotion Programs A Primer. San Francisco: Pearson Benjamin Cummings.
32.National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Retrieved November 6, 2011, from Transforming the understanding and treatment of mental illness through research: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/suicide-in-the-us-statistics-and-prevention/index.shtml
33. Organization, W. H. (n.d.). Guidelines for conducting cost-benefit analysis of household energy and health interventions. Retrieved November 7, 2011, from http://www.who.int/indoorair/publications/guideline_household_energy_health_intervention.pdf
34. Research, W. (n.d.). Linking Education and Awareness of Depression and Suicide (LEADS). Retrieved November 5, 2011, from http://www.save.org/files/1/New_Documents/LEADS_3_09_Sum.pdf
35. Sari, N., Castro, S. d., Newman, F. L., & Mills, G. (2008). Should we invest in suicide prevention programs? Journal of social economics , 37 (1), 262-275.
36.SPAN USA, I. (2001). Suicide Prevention: Prevention Effectiveness and Evaluation. Retrieved November 4, 2011, from http://www.sprc.org/library/prevtoolkit.pdf
37. Washington Institute of Public Policy. (n.d.). Retrieved November 7, 2011, from http://www.wsipp.wa.gov/rptfiles/06-06-3901.pdf
38. Yang, B., & Lester, D. (2010). Is There an Economic Argument for Suicide Prevention? Suiciology Online (1), 88-91.
39.Yang, B., & Lester, D. (2007). Recalculating the Economic Cost of Suicide. Death Studies , 31 (4), 351-361.
40. Marris, Ronald, Alan Berman, and Morton Silverman. Comprehensive book of Suicidology. New york: Guilford Publications, 2000. Print.
TrackBack URL: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/186513