« Haloween and classes | Admissions Blog Home | Reflective thoughts with winter settling in... »

Thoughts On Thanksgiving

Well I think we all survived Halloween and I know most students wait in anticipation for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is the single greatest moment of fall semester. As a college student you will understand that a day devoted to homemade food means weeks of leftovers. Now as a prospective student you probably don’t appreciate leftovers but you sure do as a college student. I can’t wait to go home and spend a day with my family enjoying a well prepared HOT meal. Now don’t get me wrong I can prepare a mean quesadilla or bowl of soup and grilled cheese sandwich but it just isn’t the same as turkey or tofurkey, mashed potatoes, bread, stuffing, pie and all the other yummy goodies. I spoke to my sister who is a senior in high school right now about this very topic over the weekend. She was more excited to spend time with the family than the food but that’s because she has hot meals prepared almost daily for her. So if you are like my sister, remember to appreciate this thanksgiving because when it is your turn to go away to college you will miss it a lot more.

thnxgiving photo.JPG

Trackback