« Finals week approaches... | Admissions Blog Home | Pancakes for finals! »

Senior Projects and the Undergraduate Research Symposium

Today I attended four English senior seminars and last week I attended an Economics/ Management senior seminar. It is getting to that time of year again during which senior project presentations are recurring agenda items. If students come to visit during a time of frequent presentation it can be a good idea to see what seniors are doing in their or other fields at UMM. I think it allows prospective students a peak into the future life as a college student as well as see what a projects they could work on if they are interested. To date I have attended a Biology, Political Science, as well as the ones I listed before; all have been superb displays of UMM’s excellent academics.

URSlogo2008.jpg

Another great opportunity many of these seniors and any other students who have participated in research may participate in is the Undergraduate Research Symposium held in the spring each year. Student across the campus present research, creative work, and art performances to an audience that includes an audience beyond the limits of our campus. Some years the President of the University Of Minnesota and some Regents have been in attendance. This years Undergraduate Research Symposium is set for April 4, 2008. Click Here if you are interested in more information about it.

Jackie and student at URS.JPG
Photo: Chancellor Johnson with a student presenter at the 2007 URS

Trackback