« Hello!!! | Admissions Blog Home | Back in the States, Back to Morris »

UMM East Coast Choir Tour

Greetings to all from the east coast! I am currently on tour with the UMM concert choir. So far we have sung six concerts, visited five states and one province (I am currently eating breakfast in St. John, New Brunswick) and endured more hours on a bus than I want to count! We have been touring since March 7th, (a little over a week) and will return to the Midwest on Friday. I don't even know where to start with all of the things we have done! I suppose I could start at the beginning and give a condensed version!

We started in Delaware last weekend and made our way down to Washington D.C. by Monday where we toured the capitol and sang for our legislators. A few concerts later we were in New York City, where we had free time to see shows, visit museums and take in as much of the NYC experience as possible in two days. A bunch of us went and saw the musical Spring Awakening, which was fabulous!
Our last night in the city a small group of us heard about a must-Jazz club in the west village. Some trouble with the subway system put us in the area around 1:30am, where we found the scene at the Fat Cat was just picking up. The place was incredible. It was this huge underground room filled with pool, shuffleboard, ping-pong and fooz ball tables. Near the back of the low-lit room was the jazz ensemble. I was in heaven! :)

After stops in Boston, MA and Portland, ME and concerts in both states we have made our to Canada. I have never been to Canada and I guess I was expecting it to be just like the states but I have been presently surprised by the amount of unique culture here. Back on the road in a couple of hours for a concert tonight! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

P.S. Pictures to follow as soon as I get them on my computer!

Trackback