« Springtime in Morris | Admissions Blog Home | Undergraduate Research: Just another reason to come to UMM! »

Jazz Fest 2008!!!

Holy crap.

Jazz Fest was amazing last night. I don't know if any of you guys have ever gone to Morris' Jazz Fest, but I think it's something everybody should do sometime in their lives. The event is AMAZING!

It's held every year at the end of March/early April on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Every year guest artists are brought in to do clinics with the high schools who come (oh yeah, this is all about the high school student), and then perform every night with the Jazz 1 Jazz band at Morris.

This year the artists are:Eric Marienthal, alto sax and Byron Stripling, trumpet. These guys are awesome! Not only do you get an evening of great music, but you get entertained too! (It's like taking Environmental Geology with Cotter.) They make jokes, sing, play music...it's pretty much the coolest thing ever.

I don't think I can do justice to what the atmosphere feels like at the Jazz Fests, mostly because it changes every night, depending on who is in the audience and how they interact with the guest artists. Long story short, if you ever can come to a Fest, then do it!

Good day sunshine, good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine.
I need to laugh, and when the sun is out,
I've got something I can laugh about.
I feel good in a special way,
I'm in love, and it's sunny day.
Good day sunshine, good day sunshine,
Good day sunshine.
~Good Day Sunshine

Trackback