« Job Fair and Jogging | Admissions Blog Home | Senior Blogger Receives Campus Award »

Thank God for Morris.

Wow.

So since I've been accepted to my study abroad program, I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. All the paper work to fill out, the doctor visits to assure Belgium that I have no horrible diseases, the visa application nightmare. I'm just thankful that I only took 14 credits this semester and have time for another class (ie getting ready to leave in 4 months). With all the paperwork that needs to be filled out, I have had more than one question on how, exactly, one answers these asinine questions. This is where I'm glad I can go up to anyone who works here, at Morris, and ask, and they'll not only answer it, but not make me feel like an idiot when they do. I'm really glad that I go the Morris campus where people know you and very helpful. This extends to the community as well.

So, last Thursday my van (that's right I drive a van, not a car) decided to not start...in Willies parking lot (one of the grocery stores in town). Well, of course it so happened that I had to leave on Friday morning and wouldn't be back to deal with it until Saturday. I told the manager/owner at Willies and they were completely cool with it. They said to leave it there for as long as I need, and not to worry. Needless to say I was relieved. I don't think even my hometown grocery store would be okay with that (I'm from a town roughly the size of Morris).

At the end of the day I'm glad to call Morris my home. I feel welcome and safe here. People take care of each other around here, and that sure is a comfort when you are far from home. I'm glad I chose Morris as a school, not only for it's great professors, but also for the community.

A friend says that a love
is never true.
And you know that this
don't apply to you.
A touch can mean so much
when it's all you've got.
When she says she loves you
that means a lot.
~That means a lot

Trackback