« Freshman Year at UMM | Admissions Blog Home | What a night and what a year! »

El Paso, Weenie Roast & Dance Ensemble!

Oh me, oh my.
I have neglected thee my wonderful blog. I have so many amazing stories to tell about these past few weeks!

I'll start with a Campus Ambassador story. So, I wake up at 9:30 one Monday morning, throw on my sweet CA polo and don't bother with makeup or anything of the sort- it's much too early for this. Jogging down to Behmler, I take in the wonderful spring weather (this was just one of our several false alarms, if I remember correctly it snowed the next day) greatful to not have to give a tour in the cold. I visit Jillian, who is one of the most amazing people in Admissions EVER, grab my name tag and go to meet the student. I've heard many a tale about a thing called southern hospitality, but I havn't seen it with my own eyes until I met Brandon and his father. The pair of them had traveled all the way from EL PASO, TEXAS to visit our own lovely UMM! They shook my hand and said it was nice to meet me. They even called me ma'am. Let me tell you, I was blown away. Brandon himself was a solid 6'5 or so, big build, and a football player. By looking at him you'd think he was a defender of some sort (my football terms are lacking, I apologise) but he was actually a quarterback- apparently the biggest quarterback his district had ever seen. I gave him and his dad a tour, and they were the nicest, most polite people I've ever met. They asked lots of questions, and they wanted to get to know me as a person as well. I had quite a good time on tour with the both of them. Now get this- I got an e-mail from Brandon a few days ago saying that he has deposited and is going to come to UMM in the fall! YAY! I'm glad UMM will be getting some southern gentlemen here! (not that our boys aren't amazing as they are ;))

Gay Hall has been doing loads of events! Today we are having a weenie roast (a new tradition started last year) which should be super fun! We also got our 07-08 Gay Hall tee shirts, designed by fellow blogger and all around amazingly cool gorgeous brilliant lovely lady: Kathy Julik-Heine. I am so stoked to wear my shirt around! Keep an eye out for brilliantly colored GAY shirts! Tonight is also the Dance Ensemble cast party! We get to watch the DVD of our performances and eat pizza! I performed to a Spice Girls song, and got all decked out as Scary Spice (coned hair and all!) I figured once I mentioned that, I should include a picture, so here is a picture of the "Spice Up Your Life" group!

IMGP1009.JPG

Aren't we cute?

Well class starts soon, so I had better close. I'll post another entry soon! Have a lovely May!

Trackback