« The end...or the beginning? | Admissions Blog Home | A summer job: knowing you'll never have to do this again »

Summer!

So it's summer and it's wonderful.

I don't know how many of you will be reading this during the summer, but who knows, maybe I have a following? Eh, eh? Well, to anyone out there the interesting life of summer as a college student: desperately trying to find a job. Lucky for me, I just found one, and that was a huge relief. It's not quite full time, but it's close enough to work for the summer, and who knows, maybe this lets me have some fun time too?

I am getting ready for my trip to Brussels, which may turn out to be a part time job in it of itself. God know applying for it was. I'm kinda nervous about applying for the visa, mostly because it's possibly the most complicated thing ever (that and I have an extensive criminal background I'm hoping they don't find...j/k...)

Pretty much I like the time off from the grind of school, but it's weird at the same time. The first few days after finals, it's like 'finally! some time to sleep!' but then you start getting the shakes because you are no longer studying for 26 hours out of the day, and you feel wrong. dirty. bad. It takes like a week to get back into the normal world. But then it's nice to sleep in, read for fun, watch bad TV, all the things you wanted to do all semester but didn't have time to do. It's real nice.

I'll leave you all with this thought:
Let me take you down,
'Cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hungabout.
Strawberry Fields forever.
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see.
It's getting hard to be someone.
But it all works out,
It doesn't matter much to me.
Let me take you down,
'Cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hungabout.
Strawberry Fields forever.
~Strawberry Fields Forever

Trackback

Summer is always pretty solid.