« 15 Applications | Admissions Blog Home | Summer! »

The end...or the beginning?

Well, here we are. At another end to another year. I realized a couple of days ago that I only have one more semester here at Morris. That was kind of a shock to me. If I had put two and two together last semester (studying abroad fall 2008 = last fall semester in Morris fall 2007), I probably would have cherished things a little bit more.

Tomorrow is graduation. So many people I know are graduating this year: good friends, great friends, boyfriends. A few professors I know are going on sabbatical next year, so this was my last year with them. I never thought that the end of my junior year would hold so many lasts for me, and yet, at the same time so many new beginnings. I took the LSAT this year for law school, and started looking at some law schools. I became a blogger. I worked on some great campaigns. I began to think seriously about my future, not only what that holds for myself, but also for other people as well.

I'm looking forward to the summer, where all I have to do is go to a job, and earn money, yet at the same time, I am beginning to feel senior nostalgia. I think the most important thing to take from my ramblings is this: your 3, 4, 5 or even 6 years here will go by faster than you can ever imagine. There will be times that it is great, and there will be times it won't be so great, but the important thing is you take all that you can out of your time here. I know I am already regretting not getting involved in things sooner.

Well, to leave you all on a happy note...(by the way, have you discovered who my favorite band is?)

What can I do, what can I be?
When I'm with you I want to stay there.
If I'm true I'll never leave,
And if I do I know the way there.
Ooh then I suddenly see you,
Ooh did I tell you I need you
Ev'ry single day of my life?
Got to get you into my life.
~Got to Get You Into My Life

Trackback