« A summer job: knowing you'll never have to do this again | Admissions Blog Home | Students arrive, I hit the road... »

Brussels!

Hello to all!

This semester I am studying abroad in Brussels, Belgium. I am going through an exchange program, CIEE. Today was the first day of classes. I only have one class on Mondays, so it wasn't too bad at all. The classes here (I am studying at Vesalius College) are either twice a week (Mon/Wed or Tues/Thur) for an hour and a half, or once a week for 3 hours. It makes for less class time than at Morris, and each of the classes are 3 credits instead of 4.

The one class I had today, Modern European History, 1648-1848 (real modern, right?) doesn't seem to be too bad of a class. Really we only have 2 tests and a research paper, so all in all, pretty low-key. Tuesday and Wednesday will be my intense days, with two classes!

I am doing a homestay while I am here, and have been enjoying it for the most part. Of course, you're living in someone's home, so you must follow their rules, but really I lucked out as my host parents really don't have any rules, except be quite if you come in late. That, and don't lose your key.

I think I will enjoy having gone through CIEE, because we go on so many excursions with the group, and get to see quite a bit of the country and surrounding area. Of course, it's hard to be away from everyone I know and love. I would be lying if I said anything different, but this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the world, meet new people, and learn about different cultures (as different as Europeans get...).

I'm sure I'll have some interesting stories as the semester progresses, and of course you all will be in the know!

Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing
Through my open ears inciting and inviting me.
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns,
And calls me on and on across the universe

Jai Guru De Va Om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world.
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world.
~Across the Universe

Trackback