« Almost October...Already? | Admissions Blog Home | My Second try at a First Entry! »

Gall-dang-it, it's October already!

It’s been quite the party over there. A party of studying that is. Last week was midterms, and a long with that I was writing a 12 page paper for my history class. The paper is not actually due for 3 more weeks, but it happens to be conveniently due the Monday after fall break, and as I will be traveling during that time, I need to get it done early. All the more so because I have another 12 page paper due the week after fall break as well, which I am currently working on.

I’ve officially been in Brussels for two months now (half my time here) and it really seems hard to believe. It feels like I’m just beginning to really “get? the city and all of it’s quirks. I think the next 2 months will go a lot faster than the first two. Because, after all, I’ll be quite busy traveling for the next 3 weeks, or so, and then all of a sudden I only have just over a month left! (A week of which will be finals, so that won’t count at all.)

Today I applied to my first choice of law schools--and it was terrifying. I had to eat some chocolate first to get my nerves down so I could fill in the application and such. Fortunately for me, the cost of applying was only $12—just the cost for the Law School Database to send off my information. Why is this you may ask? Because I have an application fee waiver—possibly the best thing ever. Before I leave here (Brussels) I hope to have applied to the majority of law schools, so I can focus on other things next semester (like graduating and finding out where I get in).

I’m very grateful to have the experience to study abroad, but things can be difficult at the same time. I really miss not being able just to pick up the phone and call whomever, whenever, because we’re all (roughly) in the same time zone. I miss being able to drive places, rather than walk everywhere or being squished in the metro or tram.

I hope my ramblings are not too boring!

Hold your head up you silly girl look what you've done
When you find yourself in the thick of it
Help yourself to a bit of what is all around you
Silly girl.

Take a good look around you
Take a good look you're bound to see
That you and me were meant to be for each other
Silly girl.
~Martha My Dear

Trackback