« Ensembles, Classes, and Running | Admissions Blog Home | I leave in 5 days?!?! »

Those were the days...

Warm greetings from Morris,

Last evening, I was sitting by my fireplace listening to some old Count Basie albums while sipping some hot chocolate. In the midst of the tune One O’clock Jump, my mind wandered back to when I was a senior in high school at Mound Westonka. Mid December of my last year in high school, I remember it well... The flurry of activity, the late nights, the early mornings, the Italian dunkers for lunch (oh man, I could go for some of those right now!), yes of course… it was college application season. Did I get that letter from Morris, I would say to myself every day after school. Of course that day finally did come, after what seemed like an eternity (I think it was actually just a month or so.) Those were the days...

Now I’m on the other side of the fence, helping high school students work through the maze that is the college search. It is easy to forget how busy life was as a high school senior; how quickly that first few months of the year past me by. Well to all of you prospective Morris students out there, that is why I (and all the other Admissions Counselors at Morris) am here! Consider me your second set of eyes, always trying to keep one step ahead when it comes to dates, deadlines, and forms to fill out. One of the major things that I do at this time of year is remind students to apply for admission by our upcoming deadline, which happens to be December 15th. This date also happens to be the deadline for our competitive scholarships at Morris, so do not miss out on applying for these very generous awards! You can find out all the info you need to apply for admission at this page and all the info you need on scholarships at this page

As always, please feel free to email your Admissions Counselor anytime with questions about Morris, this link will help you find which counselor works with your area. Once you do that, of course we want you to come out and see us on campus! Just surf over to our visit page and set up your campus tour!. If you're lucky, I might even wear my best suit the day you're on campus.

blogplaid.jpg

Until next time, this is Mike Vandenberg, reporting live from good ol' Behmler Hall in Morris.

Trackback

Love the pants, and how they (don't) match the tie!