« Busy Weekend in February! | Admissions Blog Home | Stress exists in college? What? No! »

Tis the season... for Financial Aid.

Good Sunday evening,

Now that Valentine's Day has past, it is time to clear all the candy hearts off the dining room table and get cracking on the next step in the college search. Drum roll please... wait for it, wait for it, wait for it... the FAFSA! If you love acronyms, get ready to live because the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is full of them. Perhaps you are saying to yourself, "Wait one second, Mike... back this trolley up. What is this FAFSA and why do I need to fill it out?" Not to worry, the Financial Aid Office in Morris has you covered. Click on the picture below to head on over to Financial Aid's site about the FAFSA and how to fill it out.

fafsa.jpeg

I know what you're thinking, my parents do this whole FAFSA thing, right? Not quite. While it is true that your parent(s)/guardian(s) will need to help you with the FAFSA in most cases, your information will be needed too. I was in your shoes once and take it from me, the more you stay involved in the financial aid process now, the better off you'll be when you finish college. I'll admit, it is not as exciting as playing Rock Band on expert, but then what is, right?!

Of course, if you have any questions about the process of applying for financial aid at Morris, just give a ring up to the Financial Aid Office at 800-992-8863.

Well, my work here is done for one more night. As always, give a shout if I can help with anything as your college search continues. I'm hoping to see you all at Don's Cafe in downtown Morris next fall! (because that means you are a student at Morris, now do you get it?)

Reporting live from Behmler Hall, I'm Mike Vandenberg.

Trackback