« It's almost turkey time! | Admissions Blog Home | Ninja's Stress Relief Tips »

"5 Slapped-Together-Take-It-With-a-Grain-of-Salt-Top-5-Pieces-of-Advice-I-Have-Learned-So-Far"

As I promised yesterday, I'm back to ramble on some more.

Today, I've decided to focus this entry on some advice from me, a vigilant freshman here at UMM.
So, enlighten yourself:

(In no particular order)

1. Agenda books save lives. Seriously. I once (about a week ago) went a day with out my agenda, and I felt lost and as if I was suffocating in outer space. Let me just say that being organized is key.
  2. Always be open to new things. There are so many instances where an open mind is crucial to even make it though the day.
  3. Studying is mandatory. Well, if one wants to do well on exams and quizzes, that is. As much as I'd like to believe that I know everything, it is always much more beneficial (sometimes the difference between a B/C and A) to review the material.
  4. Being involved and meeting people is just as important as attending classes. I'm not saying to go skip class in order to attend a meeting, but rather making connections and being an engaged UMM community member can teach you just as much as being lectured at about how the central dogma of molecular biology works. For real.
  5. Sleep is optional. There have been many nights where my head hits the pillow several hours after midnight. Although, if there is an exam the next day, I suggest at least 6 hours of sleep.

Alas, a photo, courtesy of the ACE Office:
This photo was taken during the Study Abroad Story Night 11/18/2009
15438_103106036375407_100000280324118_78839_1334318_n.jpg

Cheers!
nrhw

Trackback