« Day in the Life... | Admissions Blog Home | Returning to UMM: A Relief?! »

"Hello."

Whew! Whoever said being in college would be easy peasy lemon squeezy (Where the heck did that phrase come from, anyway?) compared to high school was sorely mistaken! Between going to classes, homework, work, final projects and papers being wrapped up, and making time to breathe, it has not been a walk in the park. And I'm not the only one. Everyone I talk to is swamped too! I am so ready for Thanksgiving break!

The stress is completely bearable, however, given the fact that I love all of my classes! (I know, I know, "She works in admissions, she NEEDS to talk about how splendorous everything in Morris is." But I'm serious!) I'm a Spanish and International Studies major, and this semester most of my classes are language based. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I make my way to German class (Okay, so German is really hard for me, but no one can be good at everything!) and then to French. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have Spanish and World Politics and on Tuesday nights I take American Sign Language (My favorite class of all of them).

"But Liz," you ask, "don't you get all those languages mixed up, taking them all in one semester?" The answer to that is: YES, I DO. Be smart, people. One foreign language at a time.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Trackback