« Homework-a good thing? | Admissions Blog Home | the-always-busy-campus-life. »

Nerves

Well I may seem like a confident person but in reality I'm not. Today was a prime example of how I get nervous just like everyone else out there. I auditioned for a solo in choir today.

nervous.gif

Now you may ask "well why did you do that?". I did it because things like that make me extremely nervous. Now that is one of many ways to over come nervousness. Other ways include:

Planning:

when it comes to being nervous about something be it a big speech or trying out for a solo being prepared for it helps immensely.

Don't dwell on it:

don't sit there and keep reminding yourself what is about to happen. Even though you know it is coming worry about the here and now.

Ask yourself what could go wrong?

You may think that if you mess up it will cost you everything when in reality you will be affected but it won't be the worst thing in the world. You could be trying out for a play and what is the worst that could happen? You don't get the role. Now, that does suck but how bad is it really? You are still alive and there will be other plays.

Try and think of things as going just the way you want them:

Having a view of what could go right will also help you with over coming those nerves. Just say to yourself "are those positive events worth doing this?" If they are then go for it.

Well that is all I've got for now.
-Catch Ya Later

Trackback