Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome!

My name is Dorothy Cheng and I'm the College of Science and Engineering (CSE) freshman admissions counselor at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. 

I graduated from CSE in 2009 with a double major in mathematics and statistics. During college, I volunteered as a tour guide, traveled internationally, worked in a research lab on campus, performed my own research for my statistics senior paper, and saw a lot of free movies at Coffman Memorial Union. CSE provides its students with amazing opportunities and I'm thrilled to be able to share those with you!

My most memorable experience at the U of M was traveling to China to take an electrical engineering course in May of my junior year. I spent three weeks traveling from Beijing to Shanghai to Hong Kong touring nanotechnology labs at major universities in China. I also got to climb the Great Wall and ate a lot of tasty food.

I hope you find this blog a good resource to learn more about CSE as you get to know the U of M and plan for your future. I'd love to hear from you via the comments tool on this blog, or contact me directly at chen0785@umn.edu.

Dorothy

Apply Visit Ask Us Home