Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Golden Gopher football

football 2.jpgI went to the first Golden Gopher football game of the year on Saturday, September 11 vs. the University of South Dakota. It was great to be back in the stadium with my fellow Gopher fans. I got to the game early enough to see the kick-off events. The University of Minnesota Marching Band performed our school songs. I loved it when they formed the Minnesota "M" facing the home crowd and then rotated the M and walked off the field towards the student section!

Following the marching band was a ceremony honoring the United States of America troops and September 11. The Air Force did a fly-over in their jets and Navy seals parachuted down into the stadium. During halftime, as the announcer recognized the Navy seals, a flock of birds flew overhead in a flying "V", which was a really inspiring coincidence!

The Gophers put up a pretty good fight, but the South Dakota Coyotes beat us 41-38. Hopefully the team has been studying their upcoming opponent, the University of Southern California, for the game this coming weekend. Despite the disappointing loss this week, I'm optimistic that we can battle it out with the Trojans and (fingers crossed!) come up with a victory. 

Regardless of the loss against South Dakota, I had a great time. Goldy Gopher got the crowd going with his cheers and silly antics. The Spirit Squad was in full force and the marching band was awesome as usual. It was a great way to spend my first Saturday back on campus!

football 1.jpg

Apply Visit Ask Us Home