Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Football season has arrived

By Matt Coakley

In my opinion, one of the most exciting traditions that we celebrate here at the University of Minnesota is Golden Gopher football. Our campus has a long, rich history of Big 10 rivalries, and with our new TCF Bank Stadium, football fans are feeling more school spirit than ever before!

I recommend that students attend at least one football game in their time at the University. You may think that it can't be much different than watching it on TV, but it is a whole different experience. What makes attending a Gopher football game so great is the camaraderie and the pageantry: Chanting the Minnesota Rouser with thousands of students, alumni, and fans; the marching band; all the students sporting their signature gold t-shirts; and the crowd going wild after a touchdown. As a student, you will have the opportunity to buy season tickets for all of our Division I athletic events at discounted prices.

The Gopher football team has already celebrated their first victory of the year with a 24-17 win over Middle Tenessee. Their first home game is this Saturday at 11 a.m. vs. South Dakota. It will also be the one-year anniversary of the opening of the TCF Bank Stadium. As a senior in college, I was ecstatic that the new stadium opened in time for my final year at the University. The stadium is one-of-a-kind and offers great views of downtown Minneapolis and our beautiful campus. 

To learn more about Gopher athletics, visit www.gophersports.com

Go Gophers!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home