Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Gopher athletes attempt to 'burst the bus'

The Golden Gopher athletes are not only great at sports--our teams are also known for their giving spirit. Maroon and Gold Impacting the Community, known as M.A.G.I.C., provides student-athletes with volunteering and service opportunities. The group volunteers for Special Olympics, it has toy and food drives, visits hospitals, and more. 

Last year, student-athletes volunteered over 8,668 hours through M.A.G.I.C.! I think it's great that our student-athletes take time out of their very busy schedules to give back to the community. This Saturday, a bus will be parked outside Mariucci and Ridder Arena during the Golden Gopher mens and womens hockey games. M.A.G.I.C. will attempt to fill the bus with food items for Second Harvest Food Bank. 

Check out this article from KARE 11 news about the food drive.

Volunteering and community service are an important part of the U of M student experience--for athletes and non-athletes alike. For information on volunteer opportunities available to U of M students, check out www.engage.umn.edu/twincities, where you'll find student volunteer profiles, volunteer opportunities by interest, and more! 

Apply Visit Ask Us Home