Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

U of M ad focusing on academics receives praise from Wall Street Journal

People say that your college years are some of the best years of your life. So far, I agree. Now that I'm a senior, I look back at my time in college...at all the great memories I have made and all the things that I have learned. I have learned so much about myself and about the world.

One of the most important things you gain while in college, of course, is your degree. Our campus culture supports and understands the importance of extracurricular activities, but it has always been made clear to me that academics must come first. As a student at one of the nation's top research universities, I've had the opportunity to learn from award-winning professors and attend classes in state-of-the-art facilities.

Darren Everson of the Wall Street Journal noticed that the University of Minnesota's television advertisements "stand out from the crowd" because of their focus on academics. I think that the advertisements are an excellent reflection of the studious atmosphere I've experience here at the U of M. 

Apply Visit Ask Us Home