Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Good eats on campus

University Dining Services (UDS) opened four new restaurants over winter break: Topio's Pizza is in Coffman Union's Marketplace; Papa John's and Subway in Blegen Hall; and Cone 10 Cafe in the Regis Center for the Arts. I cannot wait to try some of these new on-campus eateries!

I love going out for dinner, and some of my favorite restaurants are right here on campus. Restaurants scattered across the East Bank, West Bank, and St. Paul Campus in very convenient locations. Some of my favorites are:

Panda Express
Panda Express offers Chinese favorites in Coffman Memorial Union's Minnesota Marketplace. There are a bunch of different places to eat in the Minnesota Marketplace (which is set up food-court style) but I crave the orange chicken and fried rice whenever I am at Coffman.

Wise Owl Cafe
I spend a lot of my time studying at Walter Library, and sometimes I need a little extra fuel to help me complete a paper or get through some dense readings. The Wise Owl Cafe is conveniently located in the basement of Walter Library and offers coffee, espresso drinks and smoothies, freshly baked pastries, and a selection of sandwiches, salads, sushi, and parfaits.

Nolte Restaurant
Nolte Restaurant is located in the basement of Nolte Hall. It is a quick walk through a tunnel from the Office of Admissions where I work, so I ate here a lot during while working full days during the summer. It offers delicious sandwiches, soups, salads, and entrees. 

Pioneer Hall
I have not been to the Pioneer Hall dining center for a while, but I miss its famous made-to-order sandwiches and pastas. When I was a freshman and lived in the 'superblock' (a block with four residential halls on it), I went to Pioneer Hall just about every day for lunch with my roommates from Territorial Hall.

Bleeker Street
Bleeker Street is my favorite place to eat on the West Bank. It is in the basement of the Carlson School of Management and offers great coffee and Panini sandwiches. I like to stop there before my classes on the West Bank.

Check out the University Dining Services website to learn more about good eats on campus!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home