Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

College of Education and Human Development career services

When I entered the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) as a student, I learned about the job resources available to me from the Career Services Center. I remember when I first utilized the Career Services, I found the staff so helpful. The counselor I met with truly cared about my goals and helping me achieve them. Plus, the Career Services Center staff only work with CEHD students, so they have a great understanding of the careers that our students are pursuing and how to help them get there.

Through CEHD career services, I enhanced my resume by having one-on-one sessions with a career counselor, who helped me practice my interview skills (I, like many people, get nervous during interviews!). And of course, our counselors help students to find experience in their fields through volunteering and internships.

In the upcoming weeks and months, the College of Education and Human Development will be hosting job fairs to support students in finding meaningful job and internship experiences. This February, CEHD will host a job fairs for students in all their majors. Companies who hire students in those fields will come to campus to recruit for their organizations. In addition, the U of M recently held the the University of Minnesota Job Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center in downtown Minneapolis. Student studying health, wellness, recreation and sports had the opportunity to meet with organizations such as the Mayo Clinic, Minnesota Timberwolves, and the Minnesota Zoo. Our education students met with organizations such as St.Paul Public Schools, Admission Possible, and Youth Works.

It's a good feeling to know that as you are working toward your degree, your college is working to help you be successful with that degree. Students that have graduated from the College of Education and Human Development have found careers in counseling, teaching, physical therapy, and outdoor activities...just to name a few. The University of Minnesota has a close relationship with literally hundreds of companies and organizations within the Twin Cities and the state. It's a relationship that's vital for the success and development of our graduates. Check out the CEHD Career Services webpage to learn more.

Apply Visit Ask Us Home