Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Physics Circus by U of M Physics Force - tomorrow!

Physics Force is a U of M group of professors and high school teachers whose goal is to make math and physics fun! Each year, they entertain more than 20,000 students at their annual shows. 

Their largest show of the year will take place tomorrow, Thursday, February 10, at the Minneapolis Convention Center at 7pm. Best of all, it's free! They do ask that you pre-register, which you can do online here.

Physics Force shows aren't just cool demonstrations. The team explains the physics behind everything they do. I learned some new tricks when I saw the Physics Force last fall. As they say on their website, "Physics Force goes above and beyond (literally) to educate and entertain. It is the interaction between the Force members -- with their blend of slapstick, prop comedy and science."

One of the demonstrations they have planned for tomorrow night is called "Monkey and Hunter." It involves shooting a billiard ball from a cannon at a physicist suspended from a 20 foot tower. You can preview this demonstration on the Physics Force website!

They also have a lot of other videos of their demonstrations, all of which I recommend.  To give you a taste, watch the video below - and keep your eye on the barrel.

Apply Visit Ask Us Home