Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

STEM Education Research Center

I remember as an undergraduate in the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD), walking around the St.Paul campus and seeing signs about STEM on the student bulletin boards. "STEM? What is that?," I thought as I continued on my path to class. Later, I learned all about STEM, and I'd like to some share information with it about you!

STEM, which stands for "Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math," is the name of the Education Research Center located in the College of Education and Human Development. The center's purpose is to research learning and cognition of students in a k-12 environment utilizing a integration of the STEM concepts. The faculty, staff, and students involved in STEM are studying the long-term effects of combining science technology engineering and math to help prepare students in the Teaching Initial Licensure Program for their post-graduate years.

Recently, this research was applied at the White Earth Reservation with a group of students grades 4-8. The students of the White Earth community learned about atmospheric changes through the use of a camera, sensors, and a weather balloon! The lesson was not only fun; it also clearly demonstrated to the students the correlation between science and technology. The lesson plan was a success!

STEM exciting venture for anyone interested in working in education or youth studies. Learn more about it here: STEM Education Research Center 

-Danielle 

Apply Visit Ask Us Home