I love history and trivia. For my most recent post, I thought it would be fun to highlight some fun facts and trivia about Minnesota.
- On September 2, 1952, the world's first successful open-heart surgery was performed at the University of Minnesota.
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is the largest urban sculpture garden in the country.
- Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state in the country.
- Minnesota was the "Flour-milling capital of the world" from the 1880's through the 1930's.
- Minnesota has 90,000 miles of shoreline, more than California, Florida and Hawaii combined.
- The Superior National Forest in northeastern Minnesota in the largest Federal forest in the lower 48 states.
- Minnesota has one recreational boat per every six people, more than any other state.
I hope you all enjoyed some fun facts about Minnesota. Interested in visiting? Schedule your U of M campus visit today, and while you are here, explore the Twin Cities! Check out our Twin Cities Guide for Campus Visitors.
*All facts provided by minnesotafunfacts.com