Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Fun facts about Minnesota

56.1WashAveBridge.jpgI love history and trivia. For my most recent post, I thought it would be fun to highlight some fun facts and trivia about Minnesota.

• On September 2, 1952, the world's first successful open-heart surgery was performed at the University of Minnesota.
  • Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is the largest urban sculpture garden in the country.
  • Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state in the country.
  • Minnesota was the "Flour-milling capital of the world" from the 1880's through the 1930's.
  • Minnesota has 90,000 miles of shoreline, more than California, Florida and Hawaii combined.
  • The Superior National Forest in northeastern Minnesota in the largest Federal forest in the lower 48 states.
  • Minnesota has one recreational boat per every six people, more than any other state.

I hope you all enjoyed some fun facts about Minnesota. Interested in visiting? Schedule your U of M campus visit today, and while you are here, explore the Twin Cities! Check out our Twin Cities Guide for Campus Visitors.

*All facts provided by minnesotafunfacts.com

Apply Visit Ask Us Home