Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Forbes ranks Minneapolis one of the "Best Cities for Young Professionals"

One factor that greatly impacted my decision to study at the University of Minnesota was its convenient location in the heart of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Situated on the outskirts of downtown Minneapolis, students at U of M are only minutes away from the great opportunities and entertainment that our vibrant metropolis has to offer.

48CMUSummerSkyline.jpg

Minneapolis skyline from the University's East Bank

In June 2010, Forbes Magazine has ranked Minneapolis as one of the Best Cities for Young Professionals. In article, Forbes highlights that Minneapolis is a very affordable city to live with good job prospects and larger-than-average incomes. "Minneapolis is a place where college grads can get a strong start on high-powered careers," said the article.

And just this month, Forbes Magazine ranked Minneapolis the Best City for Finding Employment. The article emphasizes that Minneapolis has a low unemployment rate with a diversity of job opportunities. In addition, Minneapolis offers a "high quality of life with a relatively low cost of living while being one of the major metropolitan centers of the Midwest."

There are many factors to consider during the college search process. When I was making my decision, the great location of the University of Minnesota was a deciding factor. Check out some of my other post on why the Twin Cities are such a place to live, study, and play!

- Twin Cities public transportation voted among best in US 

- Sing, Dance, and Live the Twin Cites Music Scene 

- Biking on campus and around the Twin Cities

Apply Visit Ask Us Home