Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Sport clubs on campus

If you're looking for a competitive way to get involved and have fun at the University of Minnesota, you may want to join one of the 25 different sport clubs organized here by other students. The many offerings include almost everything, ranging from ballroom dance to rugby to kung fu! By joining a sport club, you can either enhance your skills in a club you already love, or learn about an activity that you have never tried before. Team members frequently compete against other intercollegiate teams. Some sports hold try-outs before each season, but most don't require any previous experience.

The U of M Synchronized Swim Club, also known as the Gopher Synchro Swim team, is an example of a team that can gain your interest in a sport you may never have tried before. This particular club contains both a non-competitive "recreational" team and a competitive team. If you love to swim, this is a great way to meet new people on campus and get an excellent workout. In the team's most recent competition on February 12, the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities beat the Colorado State University Rams, 92.5 to 69. They will be competing next in the collegiate regional competition in Ohio. I personally had not heard about this team before my research to write this post, but I am so glad that I know about it now! It is just another great example of the University's many different and interesting activities for students!

P9278401.jpg

Photo courtesy The University of Minnesota Synchronized Swim Club

Apply Visit Ask Us Home