Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Student academic resources

It's hard to believe, but once again, it's time for midterms! This is always one of the busiest parts of my semester. It's times like these that I'm thankful to have a campus with so many student academic resources. Here are a few that I frequently use when I needs some support

SMART Learning Commons

SMART Learning Commons, on the second floor of Walter Library, is amazing. I spent a great deal of time there last semester when I needed help with calculus. Peer learning consultants are always available for walk-in appointments regarding almost any subject. These tutors are awesome; I have never had a bad experience with any one of them! By following the link, you are also able to find group study sessions, online resources, and more. I highly recommend checking it out.

Center for Writing

The Center for Writing offers support for any type of term paper or writing assignment you may have. It is really easy to set up an appointment with a consultant. These appointments can be either face-to-face or online, and they are super helpful! The Center for Writing is located in Nicholson Hall.

Breakout Rooms

Sometimes, all you need to study is a quiet space and some time to think without distractions. My favorite spot to do this is a Carlson School of Management breakout room, which you can reserve in advance for your own study time. However, there are lots of other great places to study on campus, such as Walter and Wilson Libraries. That's the beauty of this campus. Good luck on your midterms!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home