Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Student discounts galore

Being a student at the University of Minnesota definitely has its perks. I would say one of my favorites is discounts on tickets and admission to events. Not only do students receive discounts for all the Golden Gopher sporting events, campus concerts, and special events, we also get great deals at places in the Twin Cities. Check out some of the deals offered through Student Unions & Activities:

Minnesota Wild
The Minnesota Wild is the National Hockey League team here in the Twin Cities. I am a huge hockey fan and an even bigger Wild fan. It is so much fun to go to Xcel Energy Center in downtown St. Paul and cheer on the team in the great state of hockey. (And students save over $54 on tickets!)

Minnesota Zoo
The Minnesota Zoo is one of the top zoos in the nation. There are over 2,400 animals to see, including 15 endangered species. The zoo is open year round and is the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Loring Theater
The Loring Theater is a historical, performing arts theater on Nicollet Avenue in downtown Minneapolis. There are always a variety of stellar performers lined up. See anything from world renown musical artists to hilarious comedians.

Water Park of America
Water Park of America is located right outside of the Twin Cities nearby the Mall of America. The water park houses Minnesota's only surf simulator pool and America's longest indoor raft ride. There are also tons of water slides, a wave pool, arcade, and a spa. I know where I am having my next birthday party!

Minnesota State Fair
The Minnesota State Fair, often referred to as "The Great Minnesota Get Together," is one of the best celebrations of the year. It happens at the end of August, right before school begins. There is just about every type of food you can think of (on a stick, of course!), concerts, petting zoos, rides, and more. There is something for everyone to enjoy at the state fair and we Minnesotans love it!

This is just a small sampling of the events and tickets discounted for students. Visit the Student Unions & Activities website for a listing of all of the discounts available.

Apply Visit Ask Us Home