Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Student Group Spotlight: CSE Ambassadors

Meet the College of Science and Engineering (CSE) Ambassadors:

cse ambassadors.jpgThis newly formed CSE student group participates in a lot of amazing activities in our college.  If you've visited campus, you have probably already spoken with one of our CSE Ambassadors! These outstanding students share their experiences with students in grades K-12 by meeting individually with students on campus, visiting local schools, attending science and engineering events (such as FIRST Robotics conferences, Science Olympiad competitions, and more), and giving campus tours.

CSE Ambassadors recently started a pilot mentorship program for current CSE freshmen.  The official mentor program will kick-off in fall 2011. Check out the mentorship website this summer to sign up for a mentor! You can meet some of the officers and mentors who are members of CSE Ambassadors on their website.

In addition to the outreach and mentoring programs, CSE Ambassadors also get an inside look at many of the departments within the College of Science and Engineering.  Last semester, CSE Ambassadors got to learn about the huge telescope on the roof of Tate Lab of Physics. Check out some photos of recent events.

If this sounds like fun to you, I encourage you to watch the CSE Ambassadors recruitment video, which won second place at the February CSE Student Organization Fair hosted by the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers.

I am lucky to be an adviser for this group. I get to work with truly incredible students in the College of Science and Engineering. I hope to see you at our meetings next fall!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home