Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Welcome to my blog!

Sara Straskowski bio photo.jpgHi! My name is Sara Straskowski, and I am a new student blogger here in the Office of Admissions. (Check out my bio here.) I just began this position, and I am so excited to start blogging and share my student experience with you. I am currently a freshman at the University, and I am a student at the Carlson School of Management. I can't believe it's already my second semester of college! I have loved living in Minneapolis since the moment I arrived. 

I am originally from the small town of Wabasha, Minnesota, which is about 100 miles southeast of the Twin Cities. As a high school senior, I knew I wanted to attend a university that could offer me many opportunities and a highly ranked business school that could bring success to my life. I loved that the University of Minnesota was a Big 10 school, where I would get to see exciting sporting events all year long. I took advantage of my campus visit at the U of M, dined in Dinkytown (at Loring Pasta Bar, which is still my favorite place to eat!), and decided I wanted to attend school here. The day I received my acceptance letter is a day I will never forget!

My first semester has been so much fun. There is always something to do here! I joined a professional business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi. Becoming involved with a student organization has been the greatest decision I have made so far. I have gained a wonderful group of friends and I feel that, even though I am a small-town girl, I fit in perfectly in the city! 

Freshman year has been a lot of hard work as well. Some of my classes have been pretty tough, but I've gotten the hang of using the resources available to me. Honestly, I spent a lot of time at the writing center last semester! I feel lucky to have had such a great freshman experience, and hopefully I can turn it into a great college career!

This semester will be great: I'm looking forward to Spring Jam, Business Week, and so much more (like warm weather!). I'm hope you'll join me along the way!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home