Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Summer in "The Cities"

We survived the winter, and it's time to enjoy everything that the Twin Cities has to offer during the summer! CNN's recent article about the metro area describes many great offerings of our city this time of year. I am so lucky to be living and working as a student in such an exciting environment! I know that I will be very busy this summer enjoying the perfect weather.

Since we've been cooped up indoors for so long, it's great to have a meal outside in the sun, with live music from one of Minneapolis' great artists. Many restaurants feature patios to sit at in the summer, and the two that the CNN journalist featured were Aster Cafe and The Anchor Fish & Chips. Both feature amazing food and the best atmosphere to relax in Minneapolis, the No. 4 on the list of the world's 10 best summer destinations according to National Geographic Traveler.

The arts are a huge part of what makes "The Cities" such a great location. Here, we have the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, Fitzgerald Theatre in downtown St. Paul, the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, and the famous music club First Avenue. Living in Minneapolis has allowed me to listen and dance to popular bands at First Ave., which is one of my favorite ways to spend the weekend.

Another tourist destination mentioned in the article was the Mall of America, one of my favorite places to shop in the metro area. While it can be busy at times, this mall has everything, and I have a blast every time I visit. Whether it's shopping, eating, or just enjoying a nice bike ride, you can be certain that traveling here is a great way to spend the summer!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home