Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Spring is here!

The Twin Cities have had the most beautiful weather this week! The last of the snow has finally melted and greenery is starting to peak out here and there. University of Minnesota students are starting to remove their parkas and venturing outside. When the weather gets nice, students hang out on the mall area playing frisbee, taking naps, and doing homework.

Spring time also brings some exciting events to campus. There are a bunch of things I am looking forward to during this last month of school:

Minnesota Royal
This week is Minnesota Royal, which is a week-long agriculture celebration on the St. Paul campus hosted by the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences. Student groups participate in a number of contests including skits, Ag Challenge, Milkmaid Contest, Ag Olympics and Animal Calling, as well as showmanship contests. At the end of the week, there is a concert and the Queen and King of St. Paul are announced. I went to the concert last year and had a blast!

Relay for Life
For the past month or so, I have been gearing up and raising money for Relay for Life tomorrow night. Relay for Life is a celebration of life in honor of people whose lives have been touched by cancer. It involves teams of 8-20 people that take turns walking or running for 12 hours. Teams also compete to raise money before and during the event. This will be the third relay I have participated in, and I could not be more excited. I will let you know how it goes next week! 

Spring Jam
Spring Jam is another celebration that happens at the end of the year. It is a three-day long music festival including live performances, competitions, BBQs, outdoor movies, and more. So far, the Student Unions & Activities Board has announced two of the headliner bands--Trampled by Turtles and P.O.S. I always look forward to the Ballyhoo dance competition in which Greek teams perform original dance routines.

I will conclude the year with graduation. It will be a bittersweet but equally exciting day for me. I am looking forward to the commencement ceremony and receiving my diploma. It is going to be a busy and fun-filled spring!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home