Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Career Services Center to the Rescue!

I remember feeling nervous when I graduated from the College of Education and Human Devlopment in 2008. It was a rough time on college graduates across the counrty in finding employment. Thankfully, with the help of my academic advisor and the University of Minnesota Career Services Centers, I was able to have the guidence to succeed in finding my first professional job after college and was able to begin to establish my career path in Minneapolis, MN.

The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities features ten specialized career services centers--one for each of the seven freshman admitting colleges as well as for our graduate and professional programs. Most people think of career services as a place to look for job and volunteer opportunities, but the career services centers at the U of M have a lot more to offer. Whether you're selecting your major or preparing for a job interview, the specialized career counselors can help you explore which career field is right for you, gain professional experience during school, and secure a job after graduation.  Counselors also offer assistance in professional development by holding resume building workshops, mock interviews, and helping students seek teaching and research opportunities.

The best part about our career services centers is that they are available to all U of M alumni for future support and guidance in their career. Whether you are an incoming freshman, or a recent graduate, the career services center is there to ensure that you're hard work and dedication during school is applied to the next step in your life, a fulfilling career!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home