Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Summer Classes at the University of Minnesota

I hope you're all having a great summer so far! There is so much fun to be had during this season in Minnesota. Besides going to the beach, hanging out with friends, and working, I am also taking a summer class on the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities campus this season.

Some of you may wonder why I would add schoolwork to my summer vacation, but I'm glad I registered for this class. My decision to sign up for a summer class was easy. First of all, I knew I wanted to stay in Minneapolis over the summer. Many of my friends are staying in the city or nearby, I have a great job right on campus, and I have housing in Dinkytown. I figured that since I was going to on campus, I may as well complete one of my graduation requirements.

I am a Marketing major, but I have recently decided to minor in Communications, which is why I chose Comm 3401: Intro to Communication Theory for my summer class. Taking a class is the perfect way to find out if a field of study is right for you. As it turns out, I really enjoy my class, which is exactly the reassurance I need in order to follow through with my minor. The class is about communication history and logic of scientific/communication theories in interpersonal, small group, organizational, intercultural, and electronically mediated communication.

I am glad I chose to take a course this summer. I am able to focus on one class instead of several, and I am able to study by reading my textbook outside and enjoying the sun. I am also only in class for eight weeks, and when the class ends I will still have plenty of summertime to enjoy. Based upon my experience, I encourage you to consider summer class if it is an option for you in your future. I'm glad that I did!

Apply Visit Ask Us Home