Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Student organization to hold fundraiser in honor of U of M alumnus

During my freshman year at the University of Minnesota, I decided to get involved on campus by becoming a member of the professional business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi (AKPsi). Joining a student organization was one of the best decisions I have made so far as a student at the U of M. It has allowed me not only to meet new people and make new connections, but also to become involved with activities both on and off the U of M campus.

One of AKPsi's top priorities is providing community service in the metro area. For this reason, the students of AKPsi are organizing a golf tournament in honor of Tom Burnett Jr., one of the heroes of United Flight 93. The 10-year anniversary of the September 11 tragedy is coming up, and during the past decade AKPsi has continued to carry out Tom Burnett's legacy as an ethical business leader, former president of Alpha Kappa Psi, and proud alumnus of the University of Minnesota.

Through this golf tournament we hope to raise money in order to support the Tom Burnett Family Foundation so that they can continue to give to programs that add value to individuals and communities in the name of Tom himself. Today Tom's legacy lives on not only in our memories, but through various programs and scholarships that are aimed at citizenship, leadership, and community. All proceeds from the golf tournament will go to the Tom Burnett Jr. Foundation and the Alpha Kappa Psi Housing and Tuition Scholarship.

The Tom Burnett Jr. Charity Golf Tournament will be held on June 24, 2011 from 11:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. at the Les Bolstad, University of Minnesota Golf Course. The cost is $80 for registration, and this event invites participation and sponsorship on varying levels - people can sign up to play in the tournament, donate money or prizes, volunteer, or become a corporate sponsor.

Come join me and my friends on this classic summer Friday consisting of 18 holes of best-ball golf, a variety of competitions, great prizes, a free meal and beverages to top it off. I hope to see you there!

For more information on the upcoming event, check out the recent Fox 9 news article, view the accompanying video below, or click here for more information on registration for the event.  If you are interested in getting more involved, please contact Al Baker at al.baker.2013@gmail.com.

9/11 Victim's Fraternity Plans Golf Tournament Fundraiser: MyFoxTWINCITIES.com

Apply Visit Ask Us Home