Go to Admissions home page.Tab Bar

Ask Us

Visit a Twin Cities Farmers Market!

Last Saturday, my friends and I made plans to walk down to St. Anthony Main and visit the Mill City Farmers Market. I had never been there before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was blown away! It was a beautiful day. On our walk across the Stone Arch Bridge towards the Guthrie Theatre, we passed crowds of people who were headed in the same direction--and for good reason!

When we arrived, I was very surprised at the number of vendors who had set up tents for visitors to buy from. There were many different items available, including clothing, pottery, vegetables, empanadas, and much more! It was possible to purchase nearly anything on one Saturday morning. We walked away with some fresh garden vegetables to eat later that day.

However, with all the free samples offered to my friends and I, the need to purchase anything at all was minimal. The vendors were always trying to get us to try their product, and we were happy to oblige. We taste-tested ice cream, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, and honey, and I enjoyed them all! In addition, there was live music playing in a few different areas of the farmers market. They were all very entertaining, and you could tell that the audience loved the amazing music.

Without hesitation, I encourage you to visit one of the many farmers markets that are available in the Twin Cities area. In fact, the University of Minnesota Farmers Market takes place on Church Street, East Bank campus. Rain or shine, the market runs 11 a.m. to 2 p.m every Wednesday from July 13 through October 5, 2011.

The Mill City Farmers Market, where I was able to visit, runs from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday until October 15, 2011. Below you will see some photos of our wonderful day at the market.

farmers market 2.JPGfarmers market.JPGfarmers market 3.JPGminneapolis 2.JPG

Apply Visit Ask Us Home